Grilled Mortadella Kabobs
- Praline Honey Mustard Sauce
- Haloumi Cheese
- Italian Bread
- Sweet Onion
- 2 tbl – Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbl – Yellow Mustard
- 2 tbl – Praline Honey / or local honey
- 1/2 cp – Sherry
- 1 tsp – Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp – Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tbl- Fresh Fennel (minced)
- 6 til – White Balsamic Vinegar or Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- Cut all items into 1” cubes. Skewer and brush with mustard sauce. Grill to your liking.
- Bring to a boil, reduce & simmer til thick.
by @marlascakery (Instagram)
- 100% Kosher Beef Franks hot dogs ( I use Hebrew National Beef Franks Hot Dog)
- Bolillo Rolls (If you can not find, You can use regular hot dog buns or French bread)
- 1/2 Red Cabbage
- 1/2 cup of thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup of small chopped onions ( I use yellow onion)
- 1/3 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup of olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/2 squeezed lime
- 1 squeezed lemon
- 1/2 squeezed orange
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 sugar
- 1 1/2 avocado peeled and seeded (smashed with little chuck pieces)
- 1/2 squeezed lime
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- Cut your red cabbage in 1/2 and brush olive oil and sprinkle a pinch of salt (once grill is ready; start grilling your red cabbage until tender and has some grill marks) let it cool then thinly slice red cabbage put into bowl along with sliced carrots, chopped onions, chopped cilantro and mixed in dressing. Set in fridge for 20-30 mins.
- Start grilling your hot dog and bun( bun grills quick, set aside when ready). Meanwhile, prepare your avocado spread.
- Slather a spoon full of guacamole on a grilled bun, place your grilled hot dog and top it with your red cabbage slaw. Bon Appetit and Enjoy!
Grilled & Smoked Jerk Chicken Salad
by @ragincajuncookn (Instagram)
Curry Peppercorn Ranch
- 1c homemade or favorite store-bought ranch
- 1T fresh thyme
- 1T coarse cracked black pepper
- 1T homemade or favorite store bought curry spice
Pickled & Spice Mandarin Oranges:
- 1c mandarin oranges
- Marinate covered in apple cider vinegar
- 1T red pepper flakes
- 1T cayenne pepper
- 2T Clover Honey
Pineapple & Avocado Salsa:
- Slice pineapple into rings and grill 1-2mins each side, then dice
- Mix together with 1 diced avocado, 1/2 bunch chopped cilantro, 3 minced garlic cloves, pinch of salt, pinch of white pepper, 1 sliced scallion, 1 minced shallot, juice and zest of 1 lime, 1t of jerk spice rub
Grilled & Smoked Chicken:
- Season 6-8 chicken thighs in homemade or favorite store-bought jerk spice rub, and let sit overnight, then smoke for 1 1/2hrs to let rub set in. Heat grill, rub homemade or favorite store-bought jerk marinade all over the chicken and let sit until grill is hot. Grill chicken and flip twice until marinade is completely cooked and chicken is juicy with crispy skin.
- Assemble salad by picking butter lettuce leaves and spinach petals. Put jerk chicken thighs on greens. Drizzle curry peppercorn ranch around salad. Place spiced mandarins in gaps, then drizzle jerk marinade to offset ranch, sprinkle fresh thyme around salad, spoon pineapple & avocado salsa around salad and serve.