Galbani ® Grilled Steak and Bel Paese Cheese Sandwich
- 1 lb. Flank steak
- 3 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- Vegetable oil to oil grill grate
- 1 Large onion, sliced
- 1 Red pepper, quartered
- 1 Yellow pepper, quartered
- 4 slices Ciabatta bread
- 4 slices Galbani Bel Paese cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil for vegetables and ciabatta
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large plastic resealable bag, combine flank steak, 3 tablespoons olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, and garlic cloves. Seal and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Remove flank steak from marinade, pat dry, and rub with a teaspoon of coarsely ground black pepper and a teaspoon of Kosher salt.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, oil grate well with vegetable oil.
- Grill flank steak for about 12 minutes, turning once, until medium rare.
- Transfer steak to cutting board and tent with foil to rest for at least ten minutes.
- In a bowl, drizzle onions and peppers with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Coat well, then grill. Remove when onions are caramelized, and grill marks appear on the peppers. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Brush ciabatta slices with olive oil and toast, cut side down, until grill-marked. Flip over to other side for another minute and remove.
- Un-tent and slice steak thinly against the grain.
- Toss steak slices, caramelized onions, and grilled peppers together. Top each slice of ciabatta evenly with the mixture. Then, place a slice of Bel Paese cheese on each, creating four open-faced sandwiches.
- Place open-faced sandwiches back on grill on low heat and cover for 30 seconds, until Bel Paese cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill and serve.