Galbani® Three-Cheese Salami Calzone
DONATELLA’S TIP: To ensure the filling doesn’t leak out of the pastry during baking, try moistening the crimped edges with a little water to help seal them.
- 1 lb. Pizza dough
- ½ cup Spicy salami, sliced
- 1 cup Galbani® Premio Mozzarella, shredded
- ½ cup Galbani® Whole Milk Ricotta
- 1/3 cup Galbani® Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg, whisked for egg wash
- 1 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Divide the pizza dough into 4 equally-sized pieces, and roll each into a ¼ inch thick circle.
- In a bowl, mix sliced salami, Mozzarella, Ricotta, Parmesan, salt, and pepper, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Heap the filling equally on 2 of the dough circles, leaving a 1-inch border clean to allow for sealing each calzone.
- Cover with the other 2 dough circles, and crimp the edges well to seal. Then, brush the tops of each calzone with egg wash.
- Place the calzones on a baking sheet and cut 3 slits to vent on top of each calzone.
- Place the calzones in pizza oven. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Makes 2 calzones.