Ziti with Sausage & Broccolini
Made with the Philips Pasta Maker
Ingredients and Tools for Pasta
PHILIPS PASTA MAKER
- 1 Philips flour cup double zero flour, plus extra for tossing
- 1 Egg + enough Water to equal (about 6 tbsp) line on Philips cup
- Select noodle shape of choice and attach to the machine. (penne/ziti)
- Place flour in the Philips mixing compartment. Whisk together eggs and water until thoroughly combined.
- Select automatic program and press start. Slowly pour egg mixture into the opening in the lid. Pasta dough will begin to form and ziti will appear within a few minutes. Cut the pasta to preferred size.
Ingredients for Sauce
- 4 sweet Italian sausages (about 1 pound), casing removed and crumbled
- 1 pound broccolini, washed, trimmed, and blanched. (broccoli can also be used)
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Calabrian chili or red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Place sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring until browned, 5 to 8 minutes, add chopped garlic the last-minute and stir then add in blanched broccolini and incorporate. Add salt and red chili and stir.
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large pot, add pasta and cook until pasta floats to the top usually just a few minutes.
- With a slotted spoon or scoop colander transfer pasta directly in the pan, allowing drippings of pasta water to enter the pan. Turn up the heat and toss the pasta into the sauce, add grated parmesan cheese and serve immediately
- Seasoning like salt and Calabrian chili can be adjusted according to personal preference