Angel Hair Pasta with Fresh Eggplant & Tomato Sauce
Whole wheat angel hair pasta with fresh eggplant & tomato sauce topped with Galbani Fresh Mozzarella
- I med-large eggplant
- Four cloves garlic, smashed
- 4-6 basil leaves fresh
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Two small cans crushed tomatoes
- One box whole wheat angel hair pasta
- Galbani Fresh Mozzarella topping
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- In frying pan heat vegetable oil to high heat,
- Slice eggplants into ½ inch dice and immediately fry in small batches. Lower heat slightly, brown eggplant and remove eggplant to a tray lined with a paper towel.
- Add EVOO and smashed garlic, when it slightly browns add in tomato cans, plus salt and pepper to taste add in half the basil. Bring sauce to a boil then lower flame to medium heat, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring water to a roaring boil and salt. Follow instructions on the box. Add eggplant to sauce and stir gently. When pasta is ready, add pasta directly with scoop colander, letting pasta water drip into sauce. Raise heat add parmesan cheese and stir.
- Serve and garnish each plate with fresh mozzarella and a sprig of basil.