Cavatelli alla Crudiola
- 1 pint pear or cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup Gaeta olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and lightly crushed
- 30 small baby green and purple basil leaves plus a few sprigs for garnish
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound Cavatelli pasta
- 1 5 ounce ricotta insalata, shredded on the large wholes of a box grater
- Combine the tomatoes, olives, garlic, basil, and olive oil in a large serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the tomato mixture, and using a spider or slotted spoon, transfer the pasta to the serving dish. Allowing the pasta water drippings to fall in.
- Add half of the cheese and ¼ cup of pasta water and toss.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and garnish with basil.
- Serve warm or room temperature