Galbani Professionale US Tips
- Golosi holds better if Ricotta is chilled.
- Make sure the spinach is VERY dry. It prevents it from falling apart.
- 3 ½ cups Galbani Whole Milk Ricotta
- 1 – 2 Egg yolks
- ¾ cup + 1 tbsp. “Double zero” flour
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. Ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup Galbani Parmesan, grated
- ½ cup Spinach
- 1.5 qt. Black Diamond® White Cheddar, shredded
- 1 qt. Heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- Beechnut mushrooms
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Truffle oil, for drizzling
- Toasted breadcrumbs
- Drain Ricotta properly then mix in a stand mixer at medium speed with egg yolk, ¾ cup of flour, salt, nutmeg, Parmesan, and spinach.
- Mix until fully incorporated, about 3 – 4 minutes. Be sure strands of egg yolk remain.
- Dust approximately 1 tablespoon of flour on surface and on top. Roll into one log.
- Using a bench scraper, cut manageable piece and roll back and forth.
- Cut into ¾-inch worm and cut into 1-inch pillows. Then, freeze and keep frozen until ready to cook.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the golosi and stir gently to prevent them from sticking together.
- Cook until the golosi rise to the surface, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Combine white cheddar and cream in saucepan and melt on very low heat.
- Once melted, strain and press out with ladle to remove graininess.
- In a pan, with 1 tablespoon olive oil, add crushed garlic clove, and sear beechnut mushrooms.
- Remove from heat. Drain the olive oil, remove garlic, and add cheese sauce from step 1. Then toss in golosi and add pepper to taste. Top with a drizzle of truffle oil and sprinkle with toasted breadcrumbs.