Galbani® Italian Chicken Hoagie
- 4 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. Dried oregano leaves
- 2 Large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 5-oz. skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 Red pepper, quartered lengthwise
- ½ cup Broccoli rabe, blanched
- 2 6” oblong Italian hoagie rolls
- 4 slices Galbani Provolone, sliced
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. Pesto
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, oregano, and one garlic clove. Mix well. Brush over both sides of chicken and pepper slices.
- Grill on a covered grill 5 – 6 minutes per side or until peppers are tender and chicken is cooked through. Once cooked, cut peppers into strips.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a sauté pan on medium heat. Add 1 minced garlic clove and sauté until golden. Add blanched broccoli rabe and a dash of salt and pepper. Sauté for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Brush remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over cut sides of Italian hoagie rolls. Place cut sides down on grill for one minute. Remove from grill and place roll on plate. Place broccoli rabe over bottom of rolls. Top with chicken and Provolone. Arrange peppers over cheese.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise and pesto together until incorporated. Add to sandwich and serve.