Galbani® Scrumptious S’mores Pizza
DONATELLA’S TIP: Add some drama to your dining room by using a hand-held kitchen torch instead of the oven. Your guests will be amazed as you toast the marshmallows tableside!
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil (for brushing)
- 12” round Pizza dough
- 16 oz. Galbani Mascarpone, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup Chocolate hazelnut spread, softened to room temperature
- 2 tbsp. Melted unsalted butter (for brushing)
- 1 tbsp. Crystalized raw sugar
- 1 cup Large marshmallows
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Chocolate hazelnut cigarette cookies (1 or 2 crushed) for garnish
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Pour heavy cream and vanilla extract in a cold metal bowl, and whip until soft peaks form. Then, slowly add confectioners’ sugar while continuing to whip to soft peaks. Place in refrigerator.
- Brush a 12-inch pizza pan with olive oil. Turn pizza dough onto pan and stretch out with your hands into an even thickness, while making edges slighter thicker than the rest.
- Bake pizza dough for about ten minutes, until dough is slightly crisp at bottom and bakes through. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Take whipped cream out of refrigerator, and fold the Mascarpone into whipped cream until it is fully incorporated, and the cream is slightly shiny. Place the Mascarpone cream mixture into the refrigerator.
- Spread the pizza crust with chocolate hazelnut spread, leaving a one-inch rim. Using a pastry brush, brush the pizza rim with melted butter and sprinkle crystalized raw sugar on top of the rim.
- Place pizza back into the oven for 2 to 3 more minutes, until the pizza edges are golden, and the chocolate hazelnut spread starts to melt.
- Remove from the oven. With an offset spatula, carefully spread Mascarpone cream mixture on top of hazelnut spread, leaving a hazelnut spread border of about ¼ inch. Make sure to place Mascarpone cream on with a light hand, being careful to ensure the cream is floating on top of the chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Place a mix of small and large marshmallows on top. Gently toast marshmallows in a wood fired oven or under the broiler. Garnish with mint leaves and chocolate hazelnut cigarette cookie crumbs if desired. Serve immediately.