Galbani® Sweet Sausage & Apple Pizza
- 16 oz. Pizza dough
- 1 Red or green apple
- Lemon wedges for lemon water
- 1 cup Galbani Bel Paese, shredded
- 2 cups Galbani Premio Mozzarella, shredded
- 11/2 cups Sweet sausage, crumbled
- 2 oz. Microgreens for garnish
- Truffle honey, or the honey of your choice to taste
- 1–3 tsp. Calabrian chili to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to the hottest setting possible.
- Roll the pizza dough into desired shape large enough to fit your sheet pan and transfer to the sheet pan. Dock dough with tines of a fork.
- Thinly slice red or green apple, and place the slices in lemon water to prevent them from browning.
- Spread the shredded Bel Paese and Premio Mozzarella cheeses evenly on crust.
- Place the pizza in the oven and bake for 10–15 minutes or until the base is crisp and golden and the cheese has melted.
- Remove pizza from the oven. Add crumbled sweet sausage and drape apple slices gently over pizza.
- Cook pizza for a final 2 minutes, and remove from oven.
- Garnish pizza with microgreens. Drizzle with honey, and season with Calabrian chili, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste.