Gnocchi with a Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1lb store bought gnocchi 2 cups diced butternut squash evenly cut
- 1 tbsp Evoo
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ¾ stick of unsalted butter,
- 6-8 fresh sage leaves left whole
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan Reggiano
- ½ teaspoon of Calabrian chili or red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- Optional garnish: amaretto cookie
- Set oven to 350 In a bowl drizzle olive oil and pumpkin spice until well blended- roasted until tender
- Cook gnocchi according to instructions
- In large Sautee pan melt butter on medium heat until brow.
- Add in sage leave until crisp and remove. place on paper towel)
- Add in garlic and Calabrian chili, stirring for a minute being careful that it doesn’t burn.
- With a scoop colander scoop gnocchi and place right into brown butter sauce, allowing water pasta drippings is recommended!
- Toss until sauce and pasta is well blended. Then gently add in roasted butternut squash. With a wooden spoon stir gently
- Add parmesan, salt, and garnish with sage leaves
- For additional fun and garnish the Italian way :Amaretto cookie grated.