Blueberry Lemon Gluten Free Ricotta Cheesecake
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups Confectioners sugar
- 3 lbs. Galbani Whole Milk Ricotta
- ½ cup Heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
- ¾ tsp. Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup orange or lemon liqueur, such as limoncello
- Juice and grated zest of 1 lemon, strained
- Teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. Confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- I cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray pan thoroughly with baking spray
- Separate egg yolks and egg whites.
- Beat yolks in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light yellow, add in whole cream, marscarpone and half of confectioners sugar.
- Beat for at least a minute on medium speed. Then slowly add in the remaining sugar. until fully incorporated. Then slowly add in remaining sugar until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Add in Whole Milk Ricotta ½ a cup at s time and mix. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, and liqueur to Ricotta and stir gently until incorporated.
- In a separate cold bowl whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into mixture.
- Pour mixture into pan. Sprinkle cinnamon over top and with a toothpick swirl into mixture.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Turn off the oven and leave cheesecake in it to settle for 20 minutes. Remove from oven to cool completely.
- Dust top of cheesecake with confectioners’ sugar.
- In a small saucepan melt cup of granulated sugar with a tablespoon of water when it starts to bubble add in bubble berries and toss until coated then pour onto cake. Add some more lemon zest.
Serve and enjoy! This cake is often better the next day !!!