Galbani® Cheesy Genovese
- ½ lb. Small potatoes, peeled and sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- ¼ lb. Tender French green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
- ½ cup Fresh cream
- 1 cup Basil pesto
- 1 cup Galbani Bel Paese (cut in small cubes)
- 1 tsp. Freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 lb. Fresh angel hair pasta (or other long, thin pasta)
- ½ cup Galbani Grated Parmesan cheese, divided (or more to taste)
- Kosher salt
- In a large pot, bring 6 quarts water to a rolling boil. Add at least 2 tbsp. kosher salt and the potato slices. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until potatoes have started to soften but are not cooked through. Add green beans and continue boiling another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot on low heat, add cream, pesto, Bel Paese, and ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Add ½ teaspoon of black pepper.
- Add pasta to the boiling pot of vegetables. Start testing pasta for doneness after 5 minutes. When it is done, and when potatoes and beans are tender, drain. Turn pasta and vegetables immediately into preheated bowl.
- Add pesto and Bel Paese sauce and mix thoroughly. Finish with remaining black pepper and ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese.