Galbani® Mascarpone Coconut Crepe Cake
DONATELLA’S TIP: Packages of ready-to-use French crepes are available in most grocery stores. They’re an excellent time saver that doesn’t impact the quality of the cake!
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup Confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Coconut extract
- 1 14 oz. can coconut cream
- 2 cups Galbani Mascarpone Cheese
- 2 tbsp. Limoncello, cold
- 10–15 Ready-to-use, 9-inch French crepes
- Unsalted butter to grease springform pan
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Edible gold stars
- In a cold bowl, add heavy cream, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla and coconut extract. Whip until soft peaks form and place in fridge.
- In another bowl, whip coconut cream, Mascarpone, and limoncello until soft peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream from Step 1 into coconut cream from Step 2. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 90 minutes.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan with unsalted butter.
- Lay one crepe down on the bottom of the springform pan, then top with ¼ cup of the filling. Using a mini offset spatula, spread the filling into an even layer. Continue this process until all the crepes have been used.
- Use a paring knife to release the crepe cake from the springform pan and remove to a serving plate.
- Spread remaining cream over entire cake and garnish with toasted coconut and edible gold stars.