Galbani® Mini Tiramisu Trifles
- 2 cups Heavy cream
- 3 cups Galbani Mascarpone, room temperature
- 12 Egg yolks
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 cup Espresso
- ½ cup Kahlua
- 1 package Ladyfingers
- Cocoa powder, for garnish
- In a stand mixer fitted with whip attachment, whip heavy cream until it reaches soft peaks. In a separate bowl, fold the whipped cream into the Mascarpone. Set aside.
- In a small pot set over medium heat, whisk together sugar, honey, and water, and bring the mixture to 260° F on a candy thermometer.
- While syrup is simmering, begin to whip egg yolks in the stand mixer until pale yellow and doubled in volume.
- In the stand mixer, very slowly stream in hot syrup down the side of the whipping egg yolks, being careful not to splatter or scramble the eggs. Once all of the syrup is incorporated, continue to whip until egg mixture has cooled.
- To make the Mascarpone mousse, fold egg mixture into the mascarpone and cream mixture.
- In a shallow, wide-brimmed bowl, combine espresso and Kahlua.
- Chill 12 individual, 4-ounce serving glasses for service.
- To build the mini tiramisus, fill ¼ of each serving glass with a spoon of the Mascarpone mousse. For each glass, break one ladyfinger in half and dip into espresso mixture for a few seconds, and place the two halves on top of the mousse.
- In each serving glass, add another layer of the Mascarpone mousse mixture over ladyfingers. Follow with another layer of espresso-soaked ladyfingers, and top with a third spoonful of mousse.
- Chill all 12 mini tiramisus for several hours. To garnish, dust with cocoa powder before serving.