Galbani® Pizza Amatriciana
- 1½ cup Crushed tomatoes
- 1 pinch Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 tbsp. Calabrian chili pepper paste
- ½ tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- 1 clove Garlic
- 8 oz. Pizza dough (depending on size of your pan)
- 10–12 slices Galbani Thin Sliced Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 cup Thick-sliced pancetta or thick-sliced bacon, chopped into 1-inch slices
- 1 cup red onion, thick-sliced and grilled
- Pre-heat the oven to the hottest setting possible.
- Roll the pizza dough into a rectangle large enough to fit your sheet pan and transfer to the sheet pan. Dock dough with tines of a fork.
- To make the sauce, combine all the ingredients and pulse in blender for ten seconds. Spread in a thin layer over the pizza dough, leaving a 1-inch circumference around the edges of the pizza.
- Spread the Mozzarella Cheese and pancetta on top of the sauce.
- Place the pizza in the oven and bake for 10–15 minutes or until the base is crisp and golden and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with grilled red onion.
- Serve immediately.