Galbani® Pumpkin Mac ‘N Cheese
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- 16 oz. Elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ cup Galbani Bel Paese, shredded
- ½ cup Galbani Premio Mozzarella, shredded
- 8 oz. Galbani Parmesan, grated (plus shavings for garnish)
- 1 cup Pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup Galbani Mascarpone
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp. Fresh sage (plus some small leaves, finely chopped, for garnish)
- 1 tsp. Agave (optional)
- Garlic breadcrumbs for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot over high heat, boil enough salted water to cook the pasta. Add elbow macaroni and cook until just barely al dente, about 6 minutes (or 3 minutes less than whatever the box recommends). Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Sprinkle in the flour, then stir to combine with the melted butter. Allow to cook for 1 minute, then add the milk. Cook, whisking occasionally, until the sauce thickens.
- Add in the Bel Paese, Mozzarella, and grated Parmesan cheeses, constantly stirring until fully incorporated.
- Turn off heat. Add in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and sage, and stir to blend fully with wooden spoon. (For added sweetness, add the optional agave to the sauce.)
- Whip the Mascarpone cheese and heavy cream on high speed until it becomes light, smooth, and airy.
- When the cheese mixture is cooled to room temperature, gently fold in the whipped Mascarpone. (This should make the mixture lighter.)
- Slowly add the cooked elbow macaroni to the mixture, using a large spatula to fully incorporate pasta. Handle gently.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to an ovenproof serving bowl and top with garlic breadcrumbs. Season with black pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes, then finish with broil for 3–4 minutes until breadcrumbs are golden brown and crunchy.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fried sage and shaved Parmesan.