Galbani® Sensationally Spicy Meatball Sub
- 3 Meatballs, cut in half
- 4 oz. Marinara
- 1 tsp. Calabrian chili paste (or ½ tsp. red pepper flakes)
- 2 3–4 in. Slices ciabbata bread
- 1 tsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2–4 oz. Galbani Provolone, sliced
- 2–4 oz. Galbani® Thin Sliced Fresh Mozzarella
- Arugula, for garnish
- In a pan, add Calabrian chili paste (or red pepper flakes) to marinara and, stirring, bring to a simmer.
- Add the meatball halves to the sauce and simmer on a low flame, covered, until nice and hot.
- Toast the slices of ciabatta bread lightly on both sides. Place one of the toast slices on a baking sheet and brush both with olive oil.
- Arrange the slices of Provolone on one slice of the toasted bread. Then, carefully spoon the meatball halves evenly on top of the cheese, compressing them slightly.
- Place Mozzarella slices on top, covering the meatballs.
- Place in preheated oven for 2 minutes until cheese is slightly melted.
- Remove from oven and move carefully to a serving plate with a spatula, taking care not to lose the melted cheese on top.
- To serve, garnish the sandwich with crisp arugula leaves, and add the second toast slice on top. Serve with extra marinara sauce on the side for dipping, if desired.