Grilled Endive Pancetta Purses
- 4 medium heads Belgian endive
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 16 thin slices pancetta, about 1/8 inch thick
- Cut the endive in half lengthwise, remove outer leaves first.
- Brush the endive with 1 tbsp. of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each endive with two slices of pancetta (the slices may slightly unravel). Brush again with a little olive oil.
- Set a grill to medium high heat, arrange the wrapped endive on the grill and cook 2 minutes on each side then turn again and cook for one minute on each side or until the pancetta is crisp and browned and the endive is heated through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Arrange on a serving platter and drizzle some of your best quality extra virgin olive oil and serve!