Keto Style Spaghetti with Creamy Garlic Mushroom Sauce
Chef Tip: Lupin Flour is a legume flour that’s high in protein & is made entirely from the Lupin Bean. I like combining it with “double zero” flour for the best consistency. (easily found on Amazon.)
Ingredients and Tools for Pasta
- Philips Pasta Maker
- 1 Philips flour cup. Half filled with Lupin flour and a half with “double zero” flour, plus extra flour tossing
- 1 Egg + enough Water to equal (about 6 tbsp) line on Philips cup
- Touch of salt
- Select noodle shape of choice and attach to the machine. (spaghetti)
- Place flour in the Philips mixing compartment. Whisk together eggs, water, and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Select automatic program and press start. Slowly pour egg mixture into the opening in the lid. Pasta dough will begin to form and spaghetti will appear within a few minutes. Cut the pasta to the preferred size.
Ingredients for Sauce
- 1 large package (8-12 oz gourmet mushroom blend) washed and dried thoroughly
- 7 cloves fresh garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley chopped
- (optional 1-2 tbsp heavy cream)
- Optional truffle oil garnish
- Place olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat add chopped garlic and stir with wooden spoon for a minute then add in mushrooms, salt and pepper and thyme. Stir for a few minutes at medium high heat then place on low.
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large pot, add pasta and cook until pasta floats to the top usually just a few minutes.
- With a slotted spoon or scoop colander transfer spaghetti directly in pan, allowing drippings of pasta water to enter pan. Turn up heat and Toss pasta into sauce. Add a touch or cream and stir. Serve immediately garnish with parsley and truffle oil.
*Follow instructions in video or instruction booklet for question Philips pasta maker