- Package of raw marinated shrimp “shrimp scampi”(garlic and Parsley)
- 3/4 box orecchiette pasta
- 1 cup raw spinach leaves
- Juice of one lemon
- ½ cup grated parmesan Reggiano
- 2 tbsp of butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp of EVOO
- 1 tbsp spoon fresh chopped Italian Parsley
- Cook pasta according to box instructions
- In large wide, deep saute pan place olive oil, when it gets warm, add pre-marinated shrimp, toss for a minute, and shut off the heat.
- When pasta is ready, grab a scoop colander and place pasta right into the pan, allowing pasta water to drip into the pan. Turn the burner back on to high heat, add butter, parmesan, salt, pepper, and Parsley. Toss vigorously with tongs and serve!
- Chef tIp: Do not overcook shrimp. That’s the secret to preventing rubbery shrimp. Once it turns opaque turn off the heat immediately. It will continue to cook when pasta is added!
- There is an old wives tale that fish and cheese don’t mix! Its not true of all fish and cheese!, In Puglia my mother birthplace, shellfish was often mixed with parmesan and pecorino, it add a salty nutty quality and binds the sauce together, but a little goes a long way don’t overdo it!