Spicy Apple and Pork Loin with Potatoes and Squash
Spicy Apple and Pork Loin with Potatoes and Squash made using the Philips Air Fryer. Purchase here.
- 3lb. pork loin (fat on top if you want crunchy top)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5-7 large cloves of garlic
- 4-6 sprigs of rosemary
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper (to your liking )
- One large apple, sliced (I used honey crisp)
- Tablespoon of Calabrian chili (or red chili pepper flakes
- One medium onion coarsely chopped
- Assorted squash sliced in 1/4 inch wedges
- 1:2 cup small potatoes
- Medium onion
- A few pieces of assorted squash
- In small food processor place garlic, rosemary, olive oil chili, salt, and pepper and pulse into a paste.
- Score the cat on top and cut divers in meat. Rub the paste all over the meat and shove into divers
- Cut evenly spaced slits into the pork loin (width-wise), just deep enough to place in apple slices, not deep enough to cut through entire depth.
- Stuff each slice with an apple slice.
- Turn air fryer to 400
- Place meat in the rack
- Place potatoes, onions squash surrounding meat. Drizzle with EVOO, salt, and pepper
- Cool for about 40 minutes
- Then lower the temperature to 325º and roast until 140º internally (measured with a meat thermometer). Remove and cover with foil for 15 minutes. Each air fryer is different as a general rule it cooks 3 times faster than oven