Galbani® Taste of Italy Plate
DONATELLA’S TIP: Have fun plating! For visual appeal, alternate brightly colored marinated vegetables or olives in the center of the platter. Then place the rest of your items in groups—varying the colors next to each other. Scatter fresh herbs for extra flavor and flair.
- 4–5 thin slices Capicola
- 4–5 thin slices Salami
- 1–2 oz. Galbani Fresh Mozzarella
- 1–2 oz. Galbani Ciliegine
- 1–2 oz. Galbani Gorgonzola
- 1–2 oz. Galbani Bel Paese
- Roasted red peppers, drained
- Assorted cherry tomatoes
- Assorted firm olives, such as Castelvetrano and Kalamata
- Pickled artichoke hearts, drained
- Roasted yellow squash
- Fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Tuscan bread, sliced
- Flatbread crackers
- Olive oil with red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Remove the ends from the yellow squash and slice into spears. Toss the spears with olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper in a bowl, and arrange slices on a baking tray. Roast the squash until the spears and garlic start to brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Allow to cool, and sprinkle with fresh chopped mint. Set aside.
- Imagine a clock face on a large, round serving platter. Beginning at 12 o’clock, overlap about 4–5 thin slices of capicola at the edge of the platter, followed by a portion of roasted red peppers. Working your way around the edge of the platter, at 3 o’clock, overlap about 4 slabs of Mozzarella, followed by separate portions of artichoke hearts and olives. At approximately 6 o’clock, heap a serving of Gorgonzola cut into bite-sized cubes, and then arrange about 4–5 thin slices of overlapping salami. Between the salami and capicola, add spears of roasted yellow squash.
- In the center of the platter, arrange equal portions of sliced Bel Paese, Ciliegine, and sliced assorted cherry tomatoes. Scatter fresh Italian parsley and basil leaves over the platter as a pretty garnish.
- Serve your antipasto cheese plate with slices of Tuscan bread, flatbread crackers, and dipping bowls of olive oil served with red pepper flakes.