Mother’s Day Brioche French Toast
TIP: If you want to prep ahead, place French Toast on baking sheet and keep in oven set to 200 degrees until ready to serve.
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 11/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon or more if you like
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 10 slices brioche (thick slice)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup warmed
- Optional Garnish – room temperature hazelnut spread 1-2 tsp.
- Warmed Pure maple syrup and confectioners’ sugar
- Whisk the eggs in a low shallow dish – a pie plate works well. Add the whole milk, sugar and vanilla extract, cinnamon and whisk again until well combined.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter brush grill pan with melted butter. Meanwhile, place one slice of brioche into the egg mixture and turn to coat both sides – be sure all the bread is completely soaked before removing. Turn airfryer on 400 and wait for butter to warm a minute then transfer as many pieces of brioche that will comfortably fit into your airfryer without touching. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown then pause, open drawer and carefully flip the bread and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes on the other side.
- Transfer the French toast to a warm platter and top with warmed maple syrup and a dallop of room temperature hazelnut spread.